|Usage:||Glass ,ceramics ,detergent||Dissolution:||Soluble|
sodium borate powder,
organic borax powder
Borax Pentahydrate comprises of 5 mol water. It is stated also as sodium
tetraborate pentahydrate, disodium tetraborate pentahydrate, borax 5 mole. Borax
Pentahydrate, chemical formula is Na2B4O7.5H2O, is white, odorless and granular.
Borax Decahydrate is the refined form of natural sodium borate. Composed of
boric oxide (B2O3), sodium oxide, and water, it is a mild, alkaline salt, white and
crystalline, with excellent buffering and fluxing properties. Available in powder or
granular form, Borax Decahydrate is an important multifunctional source of B2O3,
particularly for processes in which the simultaneous presence of sodium is
|Chemical name||borax pentahydrate|
|Type of chemical||Ionic compound (salt)|
|Molar mass||291.35 g·mol|
|Soluble||Not in alcohol and ether|
|Appearance||White crystalline solid|
1. Glazes are used in floor tiles, wall tiles, tableware, sanitary ceramics, and bone
porcelainceramics. Borate usage in glazes differs according to solubility of them in
water. Borax Pentahydrate is used in ceramics as glaze raw material because of
having high solubility in water.
2. Borax Pentahydrate as boron compound is used in insulation fiberglass.
It is applied to the wall and ceiling as using it in building insulation in construction
3. Borax Pentahydrate is added to glass products where thermo-insulation is
needed. Because when it is added to molten glass intermediates it increases
viscosity, surface hardness and durability. Agriculture Boron is an element which
should be in soil needed for growing and developing plants. Borax Pentahydrate is
used in agriculture for increasing efficiency and quality of yield.
1. While dehydrated borax is a natural ingredient, it's still toxic, and should be
kept out of reach of children and pets.
2. If you use it to make your own products, be sure to label the containers with
all of the ingredients, just in case there's ever an accidental ingestion. You may
know what's in your concoction, but other people in your household may not.
3. Treat borax with the same care that you would any other cleaning product,
and you shouldn't have any problems.
Contact Person: anny