Place of Origin:
Barium carbonate light or dense powder used for water treatment
Barium carbonate is a white fine powder.
Barium carbonate (BaCO3), also known as witherite, is a chemical compound
used in rat poison, bricks, ceramic glazes and cement.
Barium carbonate is insoluble in water and soluble in most acids, with the
exception of sulfuric acid. Barium carbonate has a specific gravity of 4.275. Barium
carbonate is toxic by ingestion.It is the chief source of barium salts and is mined in
considerable amounts in Northumberland. It is used for the preparation of rat
poison, in the manufacture of glass and porcelain, and formerly for refining sugar.
It is also used for controlling the chromate to sulfate ratioinchromium electroplating
|Item||Specification for Frist Grade|
|HCL insoluble Matter||≤0.25%|
(1) Barium carbonate is mainly used for the manufacture of optical glass, funnels,
and barium magnetic materials, the manufacture of other barium salts, ceramic,
enamel, paint, welding rod feed.
(2) It is important chemical raw materials for the production of funnels, magnetic
materials and advanced optical glass.
(3) It is used for fireworks, flares preparation, also used for auxiliary material of
ceramic coatings and optical glass.
(4) It is used for the manufacture of electronic ceramics, PTC thermistors,
capacitors and other electronic components.
(5) Barium carbonate is mainly used for the manufacture of optical glass, CRT
glass, and barium magnetic materials and capacitors,
(6) It is also used for carburizing steel and metal surface treatment. It is the raw
material of manufacturing other barium salts and ceramic, enamel, pigments,
paints, rubber, electrode.
(7) It is also used as rodenticides and purifying agent, oxidation catalyst.
Salts, basic, such as Barium carbonate, are generally soluble in water. The
resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydroxide ions and have
pH's greater than 7.0. They react as bases to neutralize acids. These
neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by
neutralization of the bases in reactivity group 10 (Bases) and the neutralization of
amines. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but
such behavior is not impossible.
(INGESTION ONLY): excessive salivation, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, and
violent purging with watery and bloody stools; a slow and often irregular pulse and
a transient elevation in arterial blood pressure; tinnitus, giddiness and vertigo;
muscle twitchings, progressing to convulsions and/or paralysis; dilated pupils with
impaired accommodation; confusion and increasing somnolence, without coma;
collapse and death from respiratory failure and cardiac arrest.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating
to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite
combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Contact with metals may evolve
flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
1. How did you check the quality of product ?
Of course we can provide free sample ,but you need you to prepaid the express
freight to your city.
2. What's your delivery time?
Usually we will arrange the shipment in 3 -15 days, due to different products you
3. How many years have your company sell chemicals in this industry ?
More than 25 years , we have good reputation .
4. Why choose our company?
We are professional company ,we have been exporting this product for more than
25 years.Wehave specialized term work .
5. What payment tearms you can accept ?
We can accept T/T or LC at sight ,and 30% advance payment +70% dp at sight
LC , moneygram.
Send your inquiry directly to us