Flux / Fire Retardant Sodium Tetraborate , ISO9001 Approval Tetraborate Decahydrate
|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1ton|
|Packaging Details:||50kg/pp bag 20FCL:25MT|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, Western Union, L/C, D/P|
|Supply Ability:||3000 ton per month|
|Boiling Point:||1575 °C||Melting Point:||741°C|
sodium tetraborate decahydrate,
sodium borate decahydrate
95% Borax decahydrate powder use for flux and fire retardant with
ISO9001 CAS NO 1303964
►Origin of Borax Decahydrate
• Sodium tetraborate was first discovered in dry lake beds in Tibet and was
imported via the Silk Road to the Arabian Peninsula in the 8th Century
•Borax first came intocommon use in the late 19th century whenFrancis
Marion Smith's Pacific Coast Borax Company began to market and popularize a
large variety of applications.Borax is a component of many detergents,
cosmetics, and enamel glazes.
• It is used to make buffer solutions in biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an
anti-fungal compound, in the manufacture of fiberglass, as a flux in
metallurgy,neutron-capture shields for radioactive sources, a texturing agent in
cooking, as a precursor for other boron compounds, and along with its inverse,
boric acid, is useful as an insecticide.In artisanal gold mining, the borax method
is sometimes used as a substitutefor toxic mercury in the gold extraction
•Borax was reportedly used by gold miners in parts of the Philippines in the
1. Borax Decahydrate is the refined form of natural sodium borate. Composed of
boric oxide (B2O3), sodium oxide, and water, it is a mild, alkaline salt, white and
crystalline, with excellent buffering and fluxing properties.
2. Available in powder or granular form.Borax Decahydrate is an important
multifunctional source of B2O3, particularly for processes in which the
simultaneous presence of sodium is beneficial.Borax decahydrate , also known
as sodium borate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric
acid.Powdered borax is white, consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve
easily in water.
|Properties||White power or crystal granular|
Specification for borax decahydrate powder 95%
1. Borax Decahydrate is chemically stable under normal storage conditions.
2. It will slowly lose water of crystallisation if exposed to a warm, dry atmosphere.
Conversely, exposure to a humid atmosphere can cause recrystallisation at particle
contact points, resulting in caking.
3. When storing the product, care should therefore be taken to avoid wide
fluctuations in temperature and humidity, and to ensure that the packaging is not
4. Dissolved in water, Borax Decahydrate hydrolyzes to give a mildly alkaline
5. It is thus capable of neutralizing acids. It also combines with strong alkalis to
form compounds of lower pH.
6. The relatively constant pH of Borax Decahydrate solutions
makes it an excellent buffering agent
A mixture of borax and ammonium chloride is used as a flux when welding iron and
steel. It lowers the melting point of the unwanted iron oxide (scale), allowing it to
run off. Borax is also used mixed with water as a flux when soldering jewelry metals
such as gold or silver. It allows the molten solder to flow evenly over the joint in
question. Borax is also a good flux for "pre-tinning" tungsten with zinc – making the
tungsten soft-solderable.Borax is often used as a flux for forge welding.
· Fire retardant
· Anti-fungal compound for cellulose insulation
· Moth proofing 10% solution for wool
· Pulverized for the prevention of stubborn pests (e.g. German cockroaches) in
closets, pipe and cable inlets, wall panelling gaps, and inaccessible locations
where ordinary pesticides are undesirable
Packing :25/50KG plastic pp bag
1 ton /jumbo bag ,or customized.